How wide and deep and long and high...

So I've been doing a lot of self evaluation lately. Mostly of my belly button. I have always had what I would consider (based on the multitude of belly buttons I've investigated) a very deep abyss of a navel. Tanner would make fun of me when I would use a Q-tip to clean it. If I collected belly button lint I'm fairly certain I could have made a winter coat by now. But, to my surprise, over the last few weeks it has taken on quite a different arrangement.  It has become quite shallow - as my blog has!  I can see all the way to the bottom it   without straining my eyes. It has also become quite wide.  It's as big around as my thumb! I failed to mention earlier that while deep, my belly button has never been very wide. 


It's funny to me that I've been so enthralled with the scar that shows where I was once nourished while growing inside my own mother's belly. My son will soon have precious little belly button that will forever be evidence of our connection.  And as my belly grows, it's only a matter of time before there is no depth at all. Soon there will be height as it pops out letting the world know that this turkey is almost done! I can't wait to see when!


With my ever-changing body and endlessly changing life, it is comforting to be reminded of those things that stay the same. The love of my family, husband and Heavenly Father - these remain. Constant. Unwavering. Thank you Jesus for change and the things that don't.


                                                         21 Weeks


And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is. Ephesian 3:18

1 comment:

  1. this post was everything i always want mine to be. cute, funny, and absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete