Providence

For several months the word providence has been on my mind. It's one of my favorite words.
  1. Care or preparation in advance; foresight.
  2. Prudent management; economy.
  3. The care, guardianship, and control exercised by a deity; divine direction.
Wow - what a word! It's amazing to look back over my family and see the ways in which God has continuously provided. He not only comes through, he prepares in advance. Our search for daycare proved once again that God's plan and His timing are perfect.

Tanner and I (and friends and family) have all been praying recently for the person who would take care of our child when I go back to work. I know, I know - the little squirt isn't even here yet. But I grew  up in a household that was constantly getting phone calls when people started trying to conceive asking if there were any daycare openings. My mom has been searching the DHS website for options that she approves of.  She had a few suggestions of places close to where we live or work. Nothing was really seeming right, so we kept praying and searching.  She mentioned an old family friend who lives in Bethany, but we weren't sure how to contact her.

My sister-in-law, Lindsay, takes her daughter to Mother's Day Out a few days a week at a church in Bethany. She just happened to see a flyer for someone who was interested in keeping a few children in her home.  Lindsay got the phone number and told me what little information she knew at the time. About a week later, I called the number. The woman I talked to sounded lovely. She has two sons of her own and watches another little boy a few days a week. As we continued talking, I mentioned that my mom ran a daycare in western Oklahoma. She said, "You're not Tracy Langdon, are you?" I reluctantly told her I was - Langdon is my maiden name.  Turns out it was the family friend my mom had mentioned! 

Call it a coincidence, luck, or something else - you'll be wrong! It's providence!  God had a plan and prepared a way.  Maybe you think I'm being dramatic, but I think it's amazing. This had been one my biggest fears when we moved to Yukon. I knew that it would not be possible for my mom to watch our children.  But God provided an amazing, Christian woman who can help us to train up a Godly man.  So excited!  Oh, and just a bonus - her house is about 6 blocks from where I work! Awesome!

Jeremiah 29:11 "I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. i have a friend whose father always has said "there is no such thing as luck, it's providence." i don't think you're nuts. i think you just have a great faith.

    ReplyDelete