A Little Boy Lives Here

Quick update after my doctor's appointment: heart rate was 155 bpm, gained 1.5 pounds, did glucose tolerance test - yuck! The first sip wasn't so bad; tasted a lot like Orange Hi-C. But the more I drank the sweeter it got. And the sweeter it got, the sicker I felt. I survived, but I don't think I will be able to drink Hi-C for quite some time! Let's hope I passed so I don't have to drink that junk again.

A few fun things have happened since my last blog. October 30th I sat on the couch for a bit while Tanner was out running some errands just staring at my belly. For the very first time I was able to actually SEE Baby Boy move! I love it! It looks like there's an alien inside me. The cutest darn alien you ever did see!

We bought fabric to make the crib bedding. We searched stores and online until we were both cross-eyed. We had also looked at several fabric stores, but we just couldn't find anything that was right. Finally we found some very cute boyish fabrics. There is not a truck, train or ball anywhere on it! Just cute and modern and quirky. We're still not sure how it will all come together, but we'll figure it out. The chair we ordered has been delayed a little, but should be here in a few weeks. Can't wait to try it out!

Tanner can now feel (and see) the baby move! I love to see his face light up when he feels a big kick. He's going to be such a great daddy. While on vacation last week (Branson, MO with the Corbin Clan) he bought Baby Boy his first pair of jeans. They are tiny and adorable!  While we did lots of other shopping during the trip, the jeans were definitely a highlight. Partly because Tanner kept saying, "Got my boy some jeans!" with a goofy grin on his face. My husband is the cutest!

Since getting home from Branson there has been a pile of baby clothes on the island in the kitchen. I need to buy hangers and start getting his room organized. I just keep putting it off. The pile of stuff on the island makes this all a little more real. It feels like a little boy lives here! And he will soon enough. He will get into the cabinets and jump on the furniture and flush who knows what down the toilet......but I can't wait to meet him!  He is going to be here before we know it. And life will never be the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment