Shower Me With Love

Back to doctor this past Thursday. Not much to report - gained a pound. Heart rate was 142. Still growing a healthy boy. She didn't check me for cervical changes this week but did do my Strep test. I will be completely shocked if that comes back negative. A positive result is no big deal. I'll just have to get antibiotics during labor to prevent infection in the baby.

This coming Thursday, (and every week from here on out) I'll go back to the doctor. She said at my next appointment we'll "start talking about when we want to have this baby." I'm anxious she'll try to convince me to induce early. I'm thinking if we haven't had him by our due date we will probably induce that day. I'm still not sure how I feel about induction. We've both been so healthy, I just don't see that it's necessary. I'm just praying that he comes on his own when he is ready.

We hit a very big milestone yesterday. We had our baby shower! Tanner and I didn't really realize that we had set this day as a milestone in our heads. It just feels like that was the last thing on some weird, abstract to do list (because the REAL list still has tons of stuff on it) and now it has been checked off.  It feels like now he's coming. We're not GOING to have a baby, we're HAVING a baby.  I guess it just gave us a good dose of reality. We've been enjoying the pregnancy so much and now it's time to prepare so we can enjoy parenthood.

It was so much fun having all these people who love us and our child come to celebrate.  I can't even explain how overwhelmed with love we felt. I tried to tell everyone thank you yesterday and just started to cry, so I gave up.  There are so many truly generous people in our lives. And although the gifts are amazing, it was just as meaningul that everyone is this excited to meet our child. I guess it just hit me that many people have waited a really long time to meet our son. I tend to focus on how long we have wanted to start a family. It just didn't occur to me that other people were so anxious to see us become parents.  It was a little astonishing - what a blessing we have in friends and family. We love you all - whether you come to shower or not. You have given us so much love and support. We are eternally grateful!

1 comment:

  1. Glad we got to come! Sorry Brooks(ie-pooh) had to ruin the fun and pee on himself!

    ReplyDelete