Week of Babies

I went to the doctor today, so naturally, it's time for a blog update. Little Man's heart rate was 147 - low for him, but still normal. He is starting to run out of room in there and I swear he thinks the exit point is my belly button! Let's hope he doesn't make an exit from my abdomen (really hoping to avoid a c-section). Not sure if it's just being pregnant or if Baby Boy has moved to a weird spot, but over the past week I've started having sciatic nerve pain. It feels like the nerve is rubbing on my tail bone-OUCH! On a good note, weight did not continue to skyrocket. Only gained 1.5 pounds this month. I'll go back in 2 weeks and they will start checking for cervical changes. It's getting really close - only 49 days until my due date!

"Close" has come and gone for 3 of my preggy friends in the last 7 days. Jessica (from work) had a beautiful baby boy, Brooks, on Friday. Sarona (my cousin) had a precious angel, Penelope, early Monday morning. And Nikki (from church) gave birth to sweet little Emily on Wednesday. So needless to say, it's been an eventful week. It fun getting to see the joy these little people bring to their families, whether they are the first or the fourth. They were all welcomed to this world with so much love! Can't wait to see them grow.

This week I was asked by another pregnant friend for advice on car seat shopping. It hit me that 3 of the women I've looked to to see what pregnancy is like aren't pregnant anymore. I realized that I am becoming one of the women others ask for advice and support. It's really strange that this whole experience is coming to a a very rapid close. I'm starting realize that I will have to let this child out into the world at some point and that is okay. Because I have so many wonderful examples to look to for guidance.  There are so many amazing women in my life who are also incredible mothers. They are raising their children to be generous, gracious and God-fearing. All things I want my son to be.

1 comment:

  1. You're too sweet. I'm glad you think Brooks is beautiful! We have decided to keep him since he IS so dang gorgeous. :)


    (That might not sound as funny to someone who doesn't know me. They might think I'm serious.)

    ReplyDelete