Fat Saturday

The last holiday weekend is coming to a close and though I'm excited about the year to come, I'm a little sad it's over. My family has been at our house much of the weekend to celebrate Christmas, New Year's Ever and what my sister calls, "Fat Saturday." It's the last Saturday of the holiday season before you start back eating healthy (or at least back to not over indulging on a daily basis) on Monday. Boy, did we celebrate! My ankles let me know that I ate too much salt and stood around in the kitchen too long - they disappeared. My feet and calves merged to form puffy stumps. I had been wearing my Ugg-ish house shoes all day, so I didn't see my feet until I took them off late in the evening.  For the first time in this pregnancy, my feet and ankles got really swollen. It looked really weird, but seems to have resolved today. Let's hope this was an isolated incident and not the beginning of a trend.

Tanner and my dad packed away all of our Christmas decorations and got them moved out to the garage. All over our neighborhood the Christmas lights are slowly coming down.  Everything loses it's sparkle as soon as we get to January. No more lights, no more gifts, no more Christmas cheer. January is like the Monday of all Mondays. You have a great weekend - you get to relax, see family and friends and get a few things done around the house. And then.....Monday! This is how January feels. Everyone goes back to being their cranky, impatient selves.  I wish we could hold on to the people of December a little while longer. Everyone is happy and pleasant. I guess all I can do is try to hold on to my December attitude and maybe it will be contagious!

My mom and I (who are we kidding - it was all my mom) did lots of sewing this weekend. The bed skirt for nursery is done and the crib bumpers just need a little more work. I had a few random scraps of fabric and decided to put them to good use. I made a scarf for Scruffy Bear and a tie for Ricky (the moose). Not that the stuffed animal accesories were necessities, but they sure look cute. I still need to make a pillow for the chair and curtains. We are still waiting on the curtain fabric to come in the mail, so they may not be done for a while. However, this weekend's efforts have brought us MUCH closer to having the nursery finished. Pics coming soon! What a blog cliff-hanger!!!

Last thing - We had our 3D ultrasound on Friday. It was so amazing! Our little guy had both feet and both hands covering his face the majority of the time. But he did give us a few little peaks at his face. I know all parents think their kid is the most beautiful child to ever live. I'm starting to see why - my kid is georgeous! He has a precious little nose and these unbelievably beautiful lips. We even saw a hint of chubby cheeks. Part of me wishes that he would have moved his feet so we could have seen him a little better. But part of me respects that he stuck to his guns! My child is not easily swayed. I hope he is stubborn about the really important things and won't fold under pressure. I also hope that he doesn't just have a foot growing out of his face!  Here's a preview of the little man (which we confirmed during the ultrasound - whew). That's his hand near his mouth and his foot covering his right eye. Isn't he precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment