What A Week

It's been a crazy week! So much going on - on call this week. However, I forgot that we had switched up the schedule so that I would be on call this week (all last week I thought I would go on call next week). According to the original schedule I would have been on call the last week of February - YIKES. So with a little tweaking we've made it work. This week has also brought on the development of sciatic nerve pain in my left hip so bad at times that I can hardly walk. It's been difficult getting comfortable, but I've survived.

I spent some time in Weatherford on Saturday with one my very best friends, Daisha. She gave me a great new look - cut and color. We had lots of fun catching up. When I got home I found a wonderful new surprise waiting in the garage - a step! Tanner had noticed that the bigger my belly gets, the more trouble I have getting from the garage into the house (about a 10-12 inch level change). So while I was getting my hair done he poured the most beautiful concrete step you have ever seen. It split the difference in levels perfectly and is big enough that I can see it around my belly! Everytime I leave the house now, I smile!

Sunday morning I had to go in to work for a little while before church.  This was one of those mornings that my hip was killing me. When I was heading home, I called Tanner to see if he would start filling the bathtub for me (one of the few places I could get relief from the pain). Sweet Tanner, of course he would. I came home to a clean bathroom, full tub, candles and music playing in the bathroom. It was incredibly relaxing and helped me walk like a half-normal person. I have such a sweet husband!

We are still going to our childbrith classes - only 3 left. This week we finally talked about epidurals, to which I said, "Bring it." I have no need whatsoever to prove anything to myself or anyone else that I can give birth with no pain meds. Hopefully things go according to plan and I get to have my epidural. If not, we may have issues. The only time I've been a tough girl was when I played softball. I could take a hit and just keep right on going. I think I've lost my competitive edge and would just rather not deal with pain that can be avoided. But the best thing about childbirth class this week was that I won a spa day! This includes a massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, shampoo, cut and style. Wow! I never win things. I'm so excited to have a day of pampering even though I have no idea when I'll be able to schedule it. Oh well, I guess it gives me something to look forward to.

So, like I said, crazy week! This has also been a week of reality checks. I will be 34 weeks tomorrow. This means it's just 3 weeks until I'm technically full-term. Scary! Hopefully it will still be six weeks until I actually have a baby. Nonetheless, soon it will be go time. We still have so many things to pack just to prepare to go to the hospital. Lots of shopping to do to round up all the things we will need to make the hospital as calm as possible. I'm a little overwhelmed with my to do list, but hopefully this weekend will be productive.

On that note, I need to be done here and get something done.  Who wants to bet I just go to bed?


Safe bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment