Someone Rocked Christmas

Tanner and I have had a great Christmas so far! Especially considering I'm on call so I won't be seeing my family. However, we will see the Corbin Clan this evening so that helps. We decided to pay someone to mount our TV over the mantle (the thought of drilling into rock is intimidating - even to do-it-yourselfers like us), so we decided we would do a modest Christmas as far as gifts this year.

We woke up early(7:45) - how dumb are we?  What can I say? We're still just two kids on Christmas morning. We had a little breakfast, cranked up the Christmas music and then opened gifts. We opened one gift early last week. I got Tanner a Sugarland cd, he got me a new makeup brush. Then later we were going to go rent a movie and he suggested I go ahead and open one more gift. It was Despicable Me on blu-ray, which is the same thing I was saving for him to open this morning! I guess we'll chalk it up to great minds thinking alike.

I returned his copy of the movie and got him a super-cute little Kitchenaid food processor. He was very excited, which made me excited. He's become quite a foody lately. He got me some knew slippers. I've needed some new ones for a long time, but the thought of wearing my old ones at the hospital amped up the search efforts. He also got Little Man a long-sleeved, footed onesie that says, "I (Heart) Mom." It really cute!

I thought we were done with gifts and I felt pretty good about the exchange. Then he goes to the hall closet and pulls out the trump card. He SSSOOO cheated! But I guess I'll just have to live with it!


Tanner and I always celebrate Christmas in a similar way as couple. And, yes, every year he outdoes me on gifts. But this year just feels different. It's our last Christmas a family of two, four if you count our furry kids (and we do).  We absolutely cannot wait to celebrate our son's first Christmas next year. However, there's this small part of us that will mourn Corbin Party of 2. By time we are 3, we will have been married 8.5 years. So we know each other well as husband and wife. I'm a little anxious about the transition to mommy and daddy. And at the same time, I cannot wait!

I guess it's just like anything else, you grow and change together or you grow apart. We've always chosen and worked really hard to grow together. I think we've done pretty well so far!


To my sweet baby boy:

Merry Christmas! This is your very first Christmas in existence and you are already so loved. We can't wait to see your face and hear your voice. But feel free to stay put as long as you want! You are already one of the best things to ever happen to me. And I am so blessed to know you.

Love you Little Man!

1 comment:

  1. I like that you talk about going from 2 to 3... it was REALLY hard for me... as you probably know from my blog. BUT looking back at it now... I don't know how Stephen and I ever existed without Brooks. We are better people because of him... and three is a much better number now that he's actually here. I am just glad to know I am not as horrible as I once thought because I felt scared about going from 2 to 3... apparently it's a normal thing.

    ReplyDelete