The last day

So today is the last day of my second trimester. I'm going to use the typical line that pregnancy prepares us to use as parents - Where has the time gone? It seems like so long ago that we started this journey, but it also feels like it was just yesterday. I know the rest of the year will fly by. And before we know it we will be bringing our son home (in his new car seat and stroller that we got today). My mind just goes nonstop thinking about all the things that need to get done, all thing this child will need and all the changes that are coming. I can't help but feel a little overwhelmed most of the time.

With the Christmas season upon us, I've been thinking a lot about Mary. I consider it an enormous responsibility to raise a son. Imagine how she felt knowing she would raise the son of God. Whoa! And I feel overwhelmed?!? Mary must have had such an amazing faith! But by all accounts, she handled her parenting responsibilities with humility and grace. Can you imagine how easy it would have been for her to one up all her mommy friends? Your kid walked at 9 months - my kid is going to save the world! I'm sure she never had that attitude, but just imagine how proud she was of her little man. I simply cannot wrap my mind around what that must have been like.  While shepherds were spreading the news about her son's birth, she was treasuring and pondering. God help me to slow down enough to ponder and wise enough to treasure the things of you.

Luke 2:19 Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.

As we can continue to hurdle toward our due date at lightening speed, I pray that I can continue to ponder the things of God in my heart. I pray that I learn to treasure God's word and His will for my life and the life of my growing little family. I know that He will provide everything we need to raise an amazing kid. We just have to listen when He speaks, speak the truth in love and give our child up to the God who created him.

One more thing - please pray for my friend Jessica. She is pregnant, due in January and her house was robbed today. She and her husband are alright, but there a lot of things missing. Some that can be replaced, others that are now only memories. Just pray that God will give her peace and rest. Love you Jess.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog made me cry. And I don't mean tears... I mean sobbing uncontrollably. Things have been so rough since Thursday. I have been asking God why since it happened... How can I bring a baby into this world and protect him/her if I can't even protect my dogs... or my house... it's been really hard. But like you mentioned, God will provide everything we need to be good mothers. Now just pray for me to have the faith needed to continue to remember that. Love you more!

    ReplyDelete