Ch...Ch...Changes

Went to the doctor today. It was....eventful. I gained another 3 pounds - in a week! Tanner was able to help me put it into perspective. He said, "Surely part of it is that he's grown, right? Wait - would you rather be getting a little fat or having a huge baby?!?" We decided that my getting a little chubbier was probably not such a bad thing. Heart rate was 144. We are right on track.

I wasn't really sure what to expect when the doctor checked me. First of all - it wasn't all that bad. It wasn't the most fun I've ever had, but it didn't kill me. Second, we found out that I'm dilated to 1cm. We also found out that he is head down, because the doctor could feel his head. She was touching my son's head while doing my exam! How insane is that? I was reallly hoping that he was headed in the right direction.  I just really didn't think he would be within reach. My son had his first contact with the outside world today. Is anyone else freaked out/absolutely amazed by this?

The doctor also said that anytime he comes is fine. Which means I could have a baby really soon - scary! She also said that she would give me one week after my due date before we induce. If you've been following the blog, you know I've been concerned about inducing early. But it looks like that a bridge we can wait a while to cross. So, all in all, it was a good visit.

Tanner and I both stayed home Tuesday because of the weather. I was technically working from home, but we were home together. It was a nice day. Tanner got his man bag packed. The man bag is the bag full of all things we might need during labor and delivery. He has been so great enduring what has seemed like an endless run of childbirth classes.  We have both learned so much and really feel prepared for labor. He is going to make such an incredible coach. I can't wait to share the experience with him. My mom and sisters will be there, too. I'm excited for them to share this, but I just can't wait to see my husband meet his son.

On that sappy note - I'm out! If I don't stop typing, I'll start crying. Because I'm pregnant and that's what I do. Tanner thinks that why they tell pregnant women to drink so much water. I'll go back to the doctor in a week. I'll keep you posted!

Oh.....one more thing I've been meaning to blog.  A few weeks ago I got a phone call from my sister, Terra. She said that she overheard her daughter, Abbey, praying for me during bedtime prayers with her daddy. She prayed that I would be able to get everything I needed to do done. Very practical. When Terra asked why she prayed that, Abbey told it was because my belly was getting really big. She said that it must be hard to do things - I can't even hug her like I used to. How cute is she!?! It's true - Tanner and I have to hug sideways now. But I do love my belly!

1 comment:

  1. Just a few comments.

    1. The second paragraph made me giggle... loudly... when you said "I didn't think he would be within my reach."

    2. Yes, I am completely amazed by it. But not at all freaked out because you're gonna be GREAT!

    3. This paragraph has encouraged my next blog entry.

    4. I LOVE that you cry. And don't let it fool you Tanner... it doesn't stop after she has him. It's only getting started.

    5. Yes, that is adorable. Your whole family is adorable!

    ReplyDelete