26 Weeks


How far along?  26 weeks
Total weight gain: up 13.5 lb.  Yes, you read that right!  I gained 6.5 pounds in 2 weeks.  I see a nutritionist at work and she has been concerned about my weight gain (or lack thereof) my entire pregnancy.  I kept telling her the weight would come.  She was very excited to see that it finally has.  
Baby is the size of:  The Incredible HULK!
Maternity clothes? At least half the time.  I need to do some shopping.  I didn't realize how little maternity clothes I actually own and how much my style has changed in the last 3-4 years.  Most of what I bought with Coop was winter stuff which doesn't really work this time around.  Plus I loathe most of it anyway.  Hoping to find some more non-maternity dresses since the Oklahoma summer heat is just around the corner.
Stretch marks?  No new ones.  I think I should replace this question with "Varicose Veins?".    Although that would get very depressing very quickly.  Moving on...
Sleep: Should be tanking up while I can, but it just seems there is always something to be done.  Work is absolutely nuts right now, plus the whole "you're having another kid and it would be nice if she had a nursery that wasn't packed to the ceiling with castoff furniture and craft supplies that you will never have time to use" thing.  Always something. 
Symptoms: I would never know I was pregnant if it wasn't for the incessant kicks to the cervix.  Baby Girl is a low-rider!  Haha!  But seriously, this pregnancy has been a little more uncomfortable than my first.  More foot cramps, more aches and pains, more ridiculous, real contractions way to early in the game.  While they have slowed down from where they were when I was put on brief bed rest, I am still having them relatively frequently.  I notice that I have them a lot more often on days that I walk more at work.  Sometimes it's just easier to walk down the hall than to make a phone call, but I think those days are numbered.   
Movement:  Only all day everyday.  Miss Priss is a wiggle worm.  Just like her big brother, she is very active during the sermons at church.  On Sunday, I found myself giggling at a really inappropriate moment because she was being so squirmy.  Hope I'm the only one who noticed.  
Food Cravings:  Still trying to make the Salty Dog happen.  I saw a Salty Frog snow cone flavor.  I feel that might warrant some further investigation. 
Miss anything? I miss the days when my boobs didn't touch my belly.  I seriously need to go bra shopping.  These poor girls are in desperate need of some encouragement.






No comments:

Post a Comment