HE IS RISEN!

So......I feel like I missed Easter this year.  It bums me out a little because I love observing Palm Sunday and spending Holy Week preparing to celebrate Christ's resurrection.  I have been fighting a bad cold or something (I'm pretty convinced I picked Human Metapneumovirus at work) for over a week.  This year, that means my birthday was no fun and all of Holy Week is a blur of snot, coughing and exhaustion.  I didn't get to do some of the activities I would've liked to do with Coop, but we did decorate some eggs yesterday morning.
Simplest way ever - just use watercolors!


Foolproof approach and gives a pretty marbled look.

Completely unprompted, Cooper said he painted a cross on this
one for Jesus.  Heart smiles from Mommy! 


Apparently it helps if you stick out your tongue. :) 

The finished product. Pretty!


I'm pretty bummed that I didn't have the energy to make carrot cake sandwich cookies- click here for the recipe.  They are amazing, little, carrot, oatmeal cookies filled with cream cheese frosting.  Like an oatmeal creme pie only infinitely better.  Maybe once I'm feeling better I'll make some just for fun.  For now I think I'll settle for a Cadbury Egg.  

If you have never heard the message of Easter or you are curious why some of us celebrate more than eggs and bunnies, please comment or contact me.  I would love to tell you more about Jesus and what he has done in my life. 

If you are looking for a little musical inspiration today, check out this song from Kari Jobe.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment