Happy 3rd Birthday!

My Precious Boy,

Congratulations! You are now a preschooler.  You have survived our feeble attempts at parenting for 3 entire years.  Well done!  As I lay next to you in your big boy bed, savoring every breath you take, I can't help but remember the way I spent the evening you were born. 

You had been "on the outside" for nearly twelve hours; I had held you in my arms for mere moments.  I deeply longed to see you, hold you, breath you in.  But you were in your space ship headed to another hospital.  Your daddy and I were traveling the lonely road to get to you. 

Little did we know in those lonely moments that you would be just fine.  We had no idea the challenges we were in for or the incredible joy you would bring us.  We could never have anticipated how you would make us laugh until we couldn't breathe!  Exhibit A: Recently, while in the bathtub, you told your daddy that you had something for him. You pretended to pull something out of your tushie and said, "Look Daddy! It's a rainbow!"  I'm not making this up and I will use it against you when you think you need a girlfriend.

You will never know the depth of love I feel for you.  You will never hear the whispered prayers - that you would grow in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man (Luke 2:52).  You will never know how grateful I am that you have changed me.  You made me a mommy. You showed me that I can survive sleeplessness and broken hearts.  I can heal with my kisses (better than any drug on the market!).  And I can give more than I thought I had left....and not regret ending the day completely and totally spent.  Because I got to be your mommy for another day.  You did that, kid!  And I am so thankful!

Here's hoping no woman will ever be good enough for you!  Love you Sweet Boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment