Tidbits

Just a few fun things we've been up to that I wanted to make sure and remember. Not really much of a narrative just fun little......tidbits.

1. One of the little girls at daycare calls Cooper, "Eyelashes."  How sweet is that?!?  He does have amazingly beautiful, thick, dark eyelashes. He gets those from his daddy. I love that he has them, but I'm not sure how I feel that the girls are already noticing.

2. Apparently my blog is reaching more readers than I ever thought. A family that is moving to Oklahoma from Texas called the daycare about getting a spot for their child. They had read my blog about how great PCCC-CDC is and wanted to reserve a place for their child. How funny! I guess that just proves that we have more influence than we realize.

3. Cooper is sssssttttttiiiiiiilllllllllllllllll teething! He has been drooling and chewing for months now. Nothing. No swollen gums, no teeth, no nothing! Thankfully, he hasn't been cranky. He's actually a very happy kid. I just kept thinking he would get teeth early. He's been drooling like a faucet since he was 3 months old. Maybe this is just another lesson in patience.

4. Cooper is a weirdo! This is one we've known for quite a while. Full-term baby stuck in the NICU. Newborn who nevers sleeps. Still takes only 30 minute naps. Happy as could be with only a 30 minute nap. Here's the sad one - he's one of only 2 kids at his daycare with a mommy AND a daddy. Doesn't that make you want to cry?!?  One of the kids has a daddy in Iraq, many are children of single moms. Several are in foster care.  Just another piece of evidence proving that the American family is falling apart. What a tragedy! I never thought my kid would be a minority because he has two parents who live in the same house.  More than ever, I want to stay married to my husband. Not just for me, but for Cooper. I want to prove to him that with Jesus as the center of our family, we will stay together. I want his friends to see that a mommy and daddy can be happy.  Parenthood may not be constant bliss, but I NEVER want my child to be scared that we will just decide that we don't love each other anymore.  Tanner and I choose everyday to keep working. Working to be better spouses, parents, people.  Hopefully, Cooper will one day see that.

That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. It breaks that mommies and daddies don't stay together anymore! I want Lane to know love and happiness between mommy and daddy is always going to be there.

    As for teething, Lane was the same way. He drooled for what seemed like forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..that made no sense! I did have a two year old helping me type that!! I what I meant to say was It breaks my heart

    ReplyDelete