6 months!

I can't believe Cooper has been "on the outside" for 6 months. It seems like forever ago that we were sitting in the NICU.  At the same time, it seems like yesterday.  Cooper went to see his pediatrician for his 6 month well baby checkup today. He weighed in at 15 lbs 10 oz, and was 25.5 inches long. This puts him in the 25th percentile for height and weight. I was shocked! He seems so big to me, but apparently he's actually kind of dainty.  He also got two shots. Of course he cried, but only for a minute and then he was done. What a big boy!

Cooper has been working on learning how to crawl. He can get up on his hands and knees; he rocks back and forth, but hasn't really crawled yet. Once he learns, we are going to be in a world of trouble. Tanner started baby proofing, but I'm sure Coop will get into things we never even thought he could reach. Just one more way that he is becoming more independent.

On a really fun note: Cooper is ticklish. It is adorable. I can walk my fingers up his tummy and he giggles like crazy. I'm making a mental note of this to use against him when he's 12.

Tanner and I celebrated our 9th anniversary on the 10th. It was this time last year that we announced we were having a baby. I can't believe how much things have changed. It's hectic sometimes, but I love it. Tanner and I will be spending our first night away from Cooper this weekend. Our first dinner away from Coop for that matter. We are planning to do some shopping, go to the art museum and eat a nice dinner. We have a room booked at the Skirvin. We've always wanted to stay there, but never really had a good reason. I think it's going to be a chance for Tanner and I to reconnect. Our relationship has changed since the little man came along. It's sometimes tough to balance all the different roles we now play. I'm ready to get to just be a wife - although I know the mom in me will have a hard time leaving. Anxious, excited........ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment