Needed.....Needy.......Whatever

For the last two nights, Cooper has not needed me to go to bed at night. Usually we do our usually routine in the evenings: Bath, Nurse, Bed.  This has been the routine for months now. Last night, he was very fussy and I kept trying to get him to eat, but he wouldn't. I finally resorted to holding him and bouncing while he sucked his thumb. Before I knew it, he was asleep. I put him in his crib and didn't see him again until 6:30 this morning. Tonight I had to run to Target to get diapers and by the time I got home he was in bed. Props to Tanner for his awesome daddy skills, but......booooo.

I know this probably sounds very self-involved, but it makes me a little sad. He's 36 hours from being 6 months old and I feel like he doesn't need me anymore!  I feel like he is growing up and moving on. By the way, he can get up on his hands and knees and rock back and forth now.  It's adorable, but it just another reminder of how fast things are changing. Pretty soon he'll be running around and jumping off the furniture and driving us crazy. I'm torn between wanting to hit the pause button and wanting to fast forward. Neither is possible, so I guess I'll just try to enjoy where we  care now.

Cooper is also doing his very best to get a few teeth. Still nothing yet, except a cranky boy and a  sore momma. Hoping things improve quickly and drastically or we're all going to lose it.

Sorry - there is no real point to this post. Just wanted to share my neediness with the world.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you are feeling!! I still get that sad feeling when Lane does something on his own or wants Daddy to do it! But I have come to the conclusion that he will always be my baby boy and nothing is ever going to change that. So Hugs and enjoy this time b/c before to long you will look at him and realize you are planning his 3rd bday and wondering what happened to the time!

    ReplyDelete