Quick Update

Wow! It's amazing how fast a month flies by. Let's see......Cooper is now 5 months old. He has started eating a little bit of solid food. He has tried rice cereal, green beans and peas. He has done really well so far. He has also learned how to roll from his back to his belly and vice versa. They tell me he has been rolling back to front for about a month at daycare, but I still haven't seen it firsthand. Of course the fact that he doesn't spend a ton of time on the floor when he's at home with his momma probably has a little something to do with that. She tends to be a little clingy!

Just this past weekend, he found his feet. He seems to really like playing with right foot, but couldn't care less about the left one. I'm glad this happened during this hotter-than-hot part of the year. This way we don't have to fuss with him pulling his socks off all the time. It's pretty amazing that he can now use his toes as chew toys.  He has been acting like he's teething for about 2 months now. Chewing on everything in site, drool running like a faucet. But still no signs of any actual teeth.

Cooper celebrated his first Fourth of July. He spent the 2nd at his Corbin grandparents' house swimming and eating hamburgers. He looked absolutely adorable in his swimsuit! Then he spent the 3rd with the Langdon side in Marlow. He got to watch Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Roderick's Revenge with his cousins. The 4th was pretty low key - just hanging at home with mommy and daddy. We hung out in the bonus room watching movies and staying cool. We had no idea at the time that the next few weeks would be 100 degrees or hotter. Can't wait for some cooler weather so we can take the stroller out for a spin.

The greatest development lately has been Cooper's laugh. He thinks everything I do is hilarious! He has the sweetest smile! It completely melts my heart. And then he laughs and I turn to absolute goo. I mean who could resist this gummy little grin?

I know! He's gorgeous, right! Sorry this is a total brag-fest. But it's my blog and I'll brag if I want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment