32 Weeks


How far along?  32 weeks


Total weight gain: up 13.5 lb.  I blame the ninja/circus freak growing in my gut for me losing half a pound in the last 2 weeks. Girl is nuts!  She is constantly squirming and flipping and kicking and flopping.  It is fun that she is so active, but some days it is truly exhausting. I try to remind myself to enjoy this because it will be over soon...and then Cate plants her feet squarely on my spinal cord and attempts to jump out of my belly button.  OUCH!

Baby is the size of:  Douglas - this is one of the first things Tanner and I bought for Coop.  We thought it was cute and quirky.  Turns out that's a pretty great description of our Little Man!


Maternity clothes? Finally found a pair of black maternity pants in my size.  Did you hear that?  I'm pretty sure it was angels singing...  I'm still wearing a lot of dresses.  And thankfully my scrubs still fit (PTL for drawstrings).  
Stretch marks?  No new ones.  
Sleep:  Still struggling to get comfortable, but not too bad.  If I didn't have to pee 57 times each night it might be a little easier.  Hoisting myself out of bed is getting to be a challenge. 
Symptoms: You mean other than the belly, revolving bathroom door and mood swings?  Well, I guess you could also count the swollen hands and feet.  Nothing ridiculous yet, but definitely noticeable if I've eaten too much salt/not had enough water.     
Movement: See above - girl is crazy! 


Food Cravings:  Still loving fried chicken - thank you cafeteria ladies at work for rocking that one this week!  Cranberry juice over good ice is as close to a snowcone as I can get without having to leave work.  It's becoming a staple as an afternoon treat. 
Miss anything? Getting off the couch with out grunting.  Putting on tennis shoes without having to stretch first.  


I finally had to break down and get my prescription filled for the medicine to help control contractions.  They have never been regular, but I have been having real contractions often enough that the PA wanted me to have the med available.  I was in denial for several days and left the prescription sitting at Target.  After a couple of rough evening with some relatively painful contractions, I surrendered.  The medicine definitely helps.  I still have lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions, but fewer of the real deal.  Keep cooking Baby Cate!

No comments:

Post a Comment