Pipsqueak is a...

Well...today has been bizarre.  Got up, took Coop to school, went to work, waited patiently as time stood still.  Who's idea was it to schedule our ultrasound for 4pm? Ok......I confess - it was me.  I thought it would be nice to just leave work early, go find out the gender, tell Cooper and call our families.  Turns out it just ended up being a day full of nerves. 

We checked in a few minutes before 4 and thankfully didn't wait long before they came to take us back.  There was a student (Kelsey) doing some training so she took a quick peak and took a few measurements.  Then we were joined by the radiology tech (Lauren) who finished up.  She asked pretty quickly if we wanted to find out the gender.  We've been waiting all day! Of course we want to find out! 

She checked to see what was up down there and...foot.  Baby was sitting on it's foot hiding the goods.  Lauren moved on to checking the baby's heart, kidneys, etc.  But she quickly came back to see if Baby was feeling a little less shy.  3 whites lines.  "It's looking like a girl.  I don't see any turtles down there."  Was she kidding?  Obviously we knew it was a possibility, but seriously?  I just started laughing hysterically; I laughed so hard she couldn't continue the exam for a minute because my belly kept bouncing up and down.  The laughter soon turned to joyful tears.  At one point I had my hand on my forehead and just kept shaking my head.  Was this really happening?

We wanted a fun way to give Cooper the news.  Lately he really loves flashlights and glow sticks.  Anything that makes the dark more fun.  So we wrapped up a pink glow stick as a special surprise for him.  Funny thing was, he wasn't surprised at all.  He's been telling us for months (even before I was pregnant) that he was going to have a baby sister.  I guess he knew what he was talking about!




Tanner and I just looked at each other every few minutes and laughed.  All along, we've both had a feeling, but now it was confirmed.  Right after I told him I was pregnant, those were some of the first words out of his mouth.  "It's SSSOOO going to be a girl!"  On the way to pick Cooper up from Aunt Tiffy's house, Tanner told me he thought he was calming down a little.  Me: until you wake up in the morning and remember you have a daughter.  Tanner: Aaaahhhh man!  I wasn't ready for the word daughter.  Haha!  He's a little freaked, but I know he'll be great.

Tanner said something today that he's never told me.  Funny how you can be married to someone for 11.5 years and they still say things that knock you off your feet. He said that he would've been completely happy with another boy, but that he had always wanted to see what my daughter would look like.  Was he trying to make me cry?!?  It was sweet to hear him really speak from the heart.  We're pretty big goobers most of the time, so there's not a lot of lovey dovey talk around our house, but when it happens...we make it count.

So...we're having a GIRL!  As nervous as I am about all that comes with a girl (bows, tutus, drama), I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment