It's The End of The World As We Know It.....And I Feel Fine

Maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but I feel like this is the last night of life as we know it.  Tomorrow we go for our ultrasound...the BIG one.  As long as Pipsqueak is cooperative we will be finding out if we are having a baby brother or a baby sister.  I am so excited I can hardly stand it! 
 
Lots of questions come along with telling people when you find out the gender of your child:
  • Do you have a feeling about what it is?  I have a suspicion it's a girl. 
  • So you're hoping for a girl, right?  Not necessarily. And why would you even assume that?
  • What do you want?  It's nice to honestly say, "I just want a healthy baby."
Since the moment I saw the word PREGNANT on that little stick, I've been going over different scenarios in my head.  If it's a boy, Coop would have a brother!  Wouldn't that be amazing?!?!  But if it's a girl.....well, then we would have a girl and once again be clueless.  I feel fairly confident in my Boy Mom skills.  I'm still working on taming the peep (Cooper peed on the wall behind the toilet today - SERIOUSLY?); until we get that mastered, we'll just keep lots of Clorox wipes handy. I have a blast playing trucks and super heroes and baseball.  I know boy; I like boy.
 
I will admit that I'm intrigued by the thought of a girl.  But in all honesty, the ruffles and sparkles and all.the.pink. just kind of stresses me out.  IF this kid is chick, there must be a limit to the glitter allowed in my house.  IF we are having a girl, we will NOT call her a princess.  IF I'm having a daughter.....I'm sure she will be absolutely lovely.  All we really want is a healthy little one.
 
Fingers crossed baby isn't feeling modest!

No comments:

Post a Comment