12 Weeks



How far along?  12 weeks
Total weight gain: down 2 lbs.
Baby is the size of: a Hot Wheels Car


12 WEEKS!!!  This is the growl/monster/Hulk face we've been seeing a lot of lately.

This is the sweetness I know and love!





Maternity clothes? None yet.  I sorted through the maternity clothes I wore with Cooper and almost threw up from the smell.  Don't get me wrong, they are clean and smell like fabric softener.  It's just the same smell they had when I wore them last time and it brings back vivid  head-in-the-toilet memories.  I'm trying to rewash them in super hot water with extra detergent and fabric softener.  If that doesn't work, I may just have to buy new stuff. 
Stretch marks?  no new ones
Sleep: Better.  I'm usually up about once in the night for a potty break (for both me and the dog).  But it's been much easier to get back to sleep lately. 
Symptoms: Pipsqueak must have done some serious growing this last week, because I was HUNGRY!  Even for me, this was excessive.   
Movement: Nothing yet, but I find myself resting my hand on belly when I'm laying down.  Excited to feels those little squirms again!
Food Cravings: Figured out that the coffee aversion was more about the creamer than the coffee itself.  A small cup of black coffee with just a little sugar has been yummy.  Grapefruit craving struck this week.  Sour, sweet, yummy!
Miss anything? I actually miss working out.  I just haven't gotten enough energy back to feel like doing anything in the evenings.  Hoping to get back to doing something at least 3 days a week.

We've found ourselves being very anxious to find out the sex of the baby.  I know we were excited to find out last time.  It just seems like a much bigger deals this time. Will we say "the boys" or "the kids"?  Last time it set the course for our family.  This time we could be in for a a very different life depending on the gender.  Don't get me wrong, we will be overjoyed either way.  I would almost be relieved if it was another boy; I feel I've grown accustomed to them.   However, I am intrigued (and petrified) at the thought of a girl.  I guess only time, and ultrasound, will tell.  I go back to the doctor on Thursday.  Can't wait to hear that little heartbeat!

In other news, Coop had strep (again) this weekend, hence the bed head in the pictures.  :)   That's twice in less than 6 months.  Not sure if that's normal, but with tonsils the size of ping pong balls, you're destined to get something growing on them occasionally.  Thankfully, he seems to recover remarkably quickly.   

No comments:

Post a Comment