38 Weeks

How far along: 38 weeks. Can you believe it?  I've never been this pregnant before!  Cooper was born at 38 weeks to the day. 


 Total weight gain: 16.5 lbs.  I have been eating like a horse the past few days.  I think Cate is trying to be a chunky one.  :)

Baby is the size of:  The Pink Giraffe.  Tanner hunted for quite a while for the perfect gift for Cate.  He decided on this sweet giraffe.  She is soft and snuggly. She will probably show up in many pictures of Cate over the next year since I'm planning to use it as a comparison to show how much she's growing.  She still doesn't have a name, but I'm sure we'll come up with something.


Maternity clothes? Yes, but I still wear a lot of non-maternity stuff too.  God bless the maxi skirt!
Stretch marks? Nope.

Sleep: If I don't have to pee 78 times, and IF I don't wake up starving in the middle of the night, and IF the dog and the cat aren't being annoying, then I still sleep great.  The odds of all three of those things happening in the same night are slim.

Symptoms: I stopped the meds for contractions last week.  I'm actually having FEWER contractions now!  What?!?!?  Someone finally decided to get comfortable in there - ornery little twit!  If I make it through the end of this week, I may do a lot of walking this weekend to see if we can't get things moving.  

My feet have swelling to pretty epic proportions.  This is the hottest week we've had all summer, hence Coop's swim trunks.  In case you were wondering, being pregnant in 100 degree weather can be a little uncomfortable.  I try to limit my sodium intake and drink lots of water, but I don't know how much it helps.  The other night I really wanted some chips and guacamole.  My mom (she's such a bad influence) told me, "Your feet are going to be swollen anyway.  Just eat it."  Well....after a little resistance, I gave in.  And the guac was delicious!




Movement? I really don't remember Cooper being as active toward the end as Cate is.  She still finds waves to make these big dramatic movements, way more than just little kicks and punches.  It is sometimes a little painful (you know, when it feels my skin is going to pop open where he foot is), but it is fun to watch.  At one point this week, I was talking to a nurse in the hall at work.  Her eyes got big as she watched a big hump rise up on my belly.  She just laughed when I told it was a foot.  If what she does "on the inside" is any indication of how active she's going to be, I think we may be in for it!

Food cravings? See chips and guac above.  I've also been eating lots of yogurt parfaits with greek yogurt, blueberries, strawberries and granola.  Yum!

Miss anything? Swimming - Cooper (the litte fish) has been swimming a lot this week.  It feels so good to float in the water.  It's the only time I don't feel like I'm dragging around cannon balls instead of feet.  But since they told me at the doctor's office that I'm 4 cm dilated, 75% effaced and at -1 station, my water could break anytime.  The thought of my water breaking in the pool, and the potential germs Cate and I would then be exposed, is not appealing.  I'll stick to floating in the tub (which my lovely mom cleaned with lots of bleach) for now.  




No comments:

Post a Comment