36 weeks

How far along? 36 weeks


Total weight gain: up at least 13.5 lbs.  My OB's schedule was completed booked this week so no check up. I didn't see the nutritionist at work this week either. I see the nutritionist on Monday, OB on Tuesday and dentist on Thursday. Not that they take a weight at the dentist's office. Just saying its going to be a hectic week. 

Baby is the size of:  Burton Dog.  Burton will always hold a special place in my heart. After Cooper was born, I was left with an empty belly, empty arms and an anxious heart. Tanner's mom went to the hospital gift shop and bought Burton. She said it was for Coop and I'm sure in heart it was. But in some of the dark hours over the next week, I needed something to physically hold onto. Burton served as a place holder during the times when I couldn't hold my baby in my arms. I didn't nurse him or diaper him or anything nutso. :)  I just needed something to occupy my empty arms. My MIL will probably never realize the impact her gift had during that time. But I will never forget. 


Maternity clothes? Yup.
Stretch marks? Nope.

Sleep: Varies from one night to the next. The only consistent thing is getting up to pee. Still sleeping better than I will with a newborn. ;)

Symptoms: Still taking the meds to stop contractions. The medicine definitely helps, but there was an evening last week when they were intense and consistent enough that I started timing them. They came every 3-4 minutes and lasted for about 45 seconds each time. This lasted for about an hour until I was able to drink enough water and find a comfortable position.  Thankfully that night didn't repeat itself.


Movement? She had moved into an odd position today and I was very uncomfortable. My whole body hurt and it felt like she had dropped. She didn't stay there long, but I thought for a while that today might be the day. 

Food cravings? I would love to just eat fruit all day, everyday. This would also mean between the juice in the fruit and the water I'm chugging all day I might as well live in the bathroom.

Miss anything? I'm already starting to miss being pregnant. I know that sounds crazy, but between work craziness and all the drama with this pregnancy, I haven't taken much time enjoy this time with Cate. I remember with Cooper, I was pretty territorial during my pregnancy. I knew that would be the only time it was basically just the two of us. Maybe I'm just better at sharing this time around. It is pretty fantastic when Cooper gets to feel her moves.  He knows that her foot has been hanging out on my right side. A few days ago, I went in to wake him up in the morning. He gave me a big hug and kiss. He then leaned down and kissed my right side. I said, "Are you giving Baby Cate kisses?" He said, "No! I'm kissing her foot!"  It was super sweet! I love those little moments with him.



No comments:

Post a Comment