A New Decade


My dear, sweet, amazing husband turned 30 this year. He said over and over that he didn't want to make a big deal about it. Not because he was bummed about being 30, but because when I turn 30 next year he feels he must match or exceed the level of effort. He said that my gift to him should be not throwing a big party so that he wouldn't have to next year......... Nice try!

I tried to keep it minimal. We had just immediately family over for burgers and beans - our favorite summer meal. Thank goodness my mother-in-law taught her son to cook. She makes the best baked beans and she taught Tan-man her method. We let the kids run around and play in the water. We sang happy birthday and had brownie and  ice cream cupcakes. If I had done any less it wouldn't have been a party.

These were the SUPER YUMMY brownie and ice cream cupcakes! Check out the inspiration recipes here.






We had fun celebrating, but my favorite part of Tanner's birthday celebration was what we did in the days leading up to it. His birthday is on June 6th (which made for a fun deviled-themed party on 6-6-06 by the way) so I did something fun for him everyday from the 1st to the 6th. It was all small things - a treat with a fun note, doing a chore/errand for him before he asked, filling his truck with balloons. It took me only a few minute each day, but I think he really enjoyed it - all except the balloon-filled truck. He carried all the balloons in and threw them at me! Anyway, I really tried to make it fun and special for this 30th, but I think that might have to be a new tradition for us.

Happy Birthday Tanner - I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment