Counting My Blessings

This week has been exciting! Cooper slept through the night, rolled over and survived his first tornado. Tuesday there was a deadly tornado outbreak in Oklahoma. I spent about an hour in the basement of Cooper's daycare waiting out the storms. Luckily we didn't take a direct hit, but many people did. Including one family who lost two of their precious children. I cannot imagine what that must be like....having two of your children snatched from your grasp never to see them alive again. The thought almost makes me sick.

As I sit here with my son sleeping in my arms, I can't help but wonder if I could survive losing him.  I truly believe there are worse things for my child than death. He could experience things that I don't even want to imagine and live to tell about them. But if God chooses to take him to heaven I know that would be the best thing for him. However, losing my son is probably one of the worst things that I could ever imagine for ME. I don't think I could live if he was gone. How do you get up every morning? What do you do with empty arms? Again - almost sick at the thought of it.

I just continue to trust that God is sovereign and mighty. And that He works for the good of those who love Him and are called according to HIS purpose. Even if we can't see that our circumstances are for our good. Even if our current situation seems to strip away everything worth living for. God is GOOD! He wants to give us good things, abundant life!

God, we ask for peace beyond understanding for the Hamil family. We pray that you would be glorified in this horrible disaster.  May your church surround those who are hurting and help bring healing. God, we love you and praise you in the midst of this storm. Thank you letting me hold my child in my arms, even if only for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment