Day One...




A few weeks ago as I was putting the final plans together for Cate's first birthday party, I took a moment to check my email.  Setting in my inbox like a ticking time bomb was Cooper's school supply list.  I had a good cry - after all my baby girl was turning one and my baby boy is officially heading to school. I think a few tears were warranted.  Every since that email, things have gotten real around here and I've been a bit of a mess.  We have spent so much time in thought and prayer about where our children would go to school and feel 100% comfortable with our decision.  But somehow it doesn't make it any easier.  He is still my little boy....growing up.  We have jumped on to that slippery slope to high school graduation, college, adulthood.  

We went Tuesday afternoon to meet his teacher and let Cooper get a little more familiar with his classroom.  Off course Mommy brought the camera.
Meeting his teacher.  At least she knows he's crazy!
He wanted me to take pictures of him with the sign outside his class.  I thought he was going to sit there and smile.  Not so much.  Instead he decided to do all of the emotions from Inside Out.

Anger
Joy
Sadness
Disgust
Fear
Ready or not, the big day had arrived.  Coop woke up Wednesday morning and met me in the kitchen. The first thing he said: I better get my school clothes on and fix my hair.  Haha!  I never knew he was so concerned with his appearance!  I also didn't realized he was so excited.  He has been pretty stoic about the whole thing.  But apparently the wheels have been turning.  

Have you ever seen a sweeter face?

Silly face!

One with Mommy

One with Daddy

Coop wanted one with the whole family.

Showing off his backpack.

Genius!

Found his hook.


And he's off..............

No comments:

Post a Comment