It's Ebenezer Time!

Here I raise mine Ebenezer. Hither by thy help I'm come.
And I hope by Thy good pleasure, safely to arrive at home.

I've always loved this old him. Don't believe me? Click here. A while ago, I stumbled upon Crystal's blog here via Pinterest. She talked about how God had provided for her family. She wrote about the journey God had lead them on. She also talked about raising an Ebenezer to honor what God had done. Ebenezer = stone of help, God has helped us thus far. A visible reminder of a spiritual process.

So here I am. Raising an Ebenezer. Remembering what God has done.

I've been working at the same job for nearly 4 years. It's been a job with lots of ups and downs. The people are amazing. The hours are bad. The work is good. The on-call is sometimes awful. I had been feeling like it might be time for change. Part of me was excited by that. Part of me was scared to death. After a weekend on-call during which I was paged 24 times in 24 hours, it became obvious that I didn't want to keep doing this. After I watched Tanner drag Cooper out of the office screaming "I want my mommy" so that I could continue making phone calls.....I. Was. Done.

I had a bit of a ginormous melt down on the phone with my boss and pretty much told her I was gone as soon as I could find something else. Although I'm not proud of how I acted in that moment, I needed to just break down. I needed to finally let feelings of anger, hurt, pain, loss, and sadness overwhelm me and bring me to my knees. That night as I prayed with Cooper at bedtime, I sobbed. I prayed that God would send me a way out. A rescue. I prayed that He would make His will for my career abundantly clear.

The next day, (Sunday) I applied for two jobs. Monday, I got a call to come in for an interview from one. Tuesday I got a text about interviewing for the other. Wednesday morning, I interviewed for both.  One offered me the job on the spot, but I knew almost immediately that it was not the one. By Friday, I had another job offer. I was feeling incredibly humbled. I never expected to get asked to interview for either job. I REALLY did not expect to get a job offer - let alone two!  That weekend, I called and got more details about the second offer. By Sunday evening, after lots of discussion with Tanner, I had decided to accept. Little did I know, God had other plans.

Monday at work, I told my boss that I had accepted another position and began to tell other coworkers. Tuesday I started telling people at The Children's Center that in a couple weeks I would be moving on. On of the Nurse Practioners I had spoken with asked if any of the board members knew. I don't know any of the board members so my guess was....no. Tuesday afternoon I got a bit of a cryptic phone call from another ARNP telling me to come talk to her because she had good news. For that part to make sense, you need to know a little background. This particular ARNP had approached me a few months ago about the possibility of The Children's Center hiring a clinical pharmacist. She asked if that was something I had ever considered. I honestly had not only because TCC does not have any pharmacists on staff. She told me to think about it. When I told her I was going to interview for a couple jobs, she seemed disappointed but really didn't know what kind of timeline they were on for hiring a pharmacist.

So, I went to find her and she told me that they had decided they need to hire a pharmacist.....now. She said one of the Vice Presidents at TCC wanted to speak with me. What?!?! I sat in her office and made the phone call. We discussed some responsibilities of the job and she asked if that would be something I would be interested in. I said, "ABSOLUTELY!"  She said she had to go because she was headed to a board meeting. I told her that I had already accepted another job so I was on a bit of a time crunch - no pressure.

As soon as I walked in the door Wednesday morning, I got a text from the ARNP. She said to come to her office ASAP. When I got there, the VP was sitting in her office. She said the position had been approved by the board and I asked if I could meet with HR that day. I told her I would make time. I had been leaving the pharmacy for blocks of time scheduling interviews and talking to different people for about a week already. What was one more time? Met with the HR director that afternoon. Within 2 hours she had called me with an official job offer. Seriously?!?! I was......elated/thrilled/scared/pee-my-pants-excited! This was dream-job level awesome!

By the next day, all my coworkers new that I would be leaving my current job. But I wouldn't be going far. And all I can say is - PRAISE GOD! He has made a way! It is better than anything I could have imagined. I am completely humbled by everything that has happened. I can't believe how good God is! I'm still crazy happy about the whole thing! I know it is going to be extremely challenging and I'll have days that are hard. But hopefully it will all be worth it.

Today was my last day at Pharmcare. I'm grateful for the experience I gained there. I'm glad I'm not going too far away from people I have genuinely grown to love.

Ephesians 3:20-21    Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment