Remember when......

Remember when this blog was a beautifully written piece of prose? Ya - me neither. But at one time it was at least a little more fun to read. Lately, it has basically become a list of things Cooper is doing at the moment. And this post is unfortunately no different. There is no inspirational message our deep philosophy. Just a busy mom, trying her darnedest to remember these precious little moments that are gone before you even realize they are happening. In an effort to keep track, here is the current list:

1. Cooper is learning some signs. He can now sign more, milk, all done and eat. His teachers also say that he signs please and thank you at daycare, but mommy and daddy have yet to see those.

2. His verbal skills are coming right along. Dada is still his favorite word, although dog and ball are close behind (he's such a boy!). He CAN say Momma although he tends to just whine instead of saying it. We are working on that. Today when leaving school he told his teacher "Bye."  Tanner quickly called me at work to pridefully report his new word.

3. Little man still has not decided to walk on his own. He loves to walk circles around the living room behind his Thomas the Train push toy. He can stand on his own, but rarely does. One of the ladies at daycare said he could walk where ever he wanted if he would just "grow a pair." Haha! He might be lacking in bravery, but he makes up for with crawling speed!

4. Cooper is developing quite the attitude. This means mommy and daddy are scrounging to learn what to do. Any tips?

5. He is working very hard on getting a few more teeth. He still only has the bottom two. I feel like once he gets more teeth he won't look like a baby anymore. Not sure I'm ready for that.

6. My sweet angel has slept through the night every night except one since his first birthday. This is a big deal! Before now, he hasn't slept through the night more than 3 days in a row - EVER! Mommy is loving the extra sleep, but I miss the snuggle time.  By the way - I always thought moms who said this were crazy.... and stupid. I totally get it now. Since I'm sure I jinxed the sleep streak by actually talking about it, maybe I'll eat my words at 3am.

7. He has learned a fake laugh. It sounds like Woody Woodpecker and a lamb put together. It's hilarious.

Above all, my little man is still a sweetheart. He has such a fun personality. I love getting know him better everyday.

Love you, Coop!

No comments:

Post a Comment