Merry Christmas

What a wonderful first Christmas! We spent Christmas Eve with Tanner's family opening presents and eating way too many lil' smokies. Went to church with my parents this morning. What a blessing to see old friends! Cooper got more toys than any 10 month old needs and we haven't even opened gifts with my family yet. I think we are going to have to sort some things in the playroom.

Cooper surprised Mommy and Daddy with an early present. He stood all by himself on Friday night (Dec. 23rd). Granted, it was only for about a second and a half, but it was AWESOME! He has also learned how to open the cabinet doors. Before now, we've been able to distract when he tries to open them. Now he knows that where we hide all our best stuff - haha!  Life is about to get very interesting!

We took a few minutes this evening to read the story of Jesus' birth from Cooper's new bible. Hoping that will become a family tradition. We read about how Jesus was born in a stable because there was no room anywhere else.  I pray that I make room for Jesus and don't force him into the dirty, stinky places of my heart. I pray that I give him the place he deserves.



To my sweet little man:

Merry Christmas! I hope to teach you that Christmas is about giving, not about Santa, or presents. It's about the incredible gift God gave when He sent His son as a tiny baby. He sent that baby to take all our bad and make it good; make it beautiful. Although you got lots of fun presents from people who love you very much, I can't wait for the day that you accept the gift of Jesus. Praying that God will give you a heart that loves and chases after him! I love you so much!

- mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment